For spring break we decided to head up to my parents place in Virginia and take the chance to shop at Ikea, Costco, see DC, etc. However, little did I know. The second day we got to my parent's house and we began to talk about our plans, Michael hands my this nice looking card that said, Happy Early 5th Anniversary. It then proceeded to say that we were headed on a 2 day and 2 night stay in Williamsburg, VA for some fun. My immediate reaction was, no way. I have never been away from my kids overnight, we just got to my parents house, I don't think Mom and Dad want to watch the kids overnight, etc. Well, after my dad kept reassuring me that it was okay everything was going to be fine, Michael had been planning this since January and there was no way out. I had been "tricked" to think that going to DC for spring break was my idea, when Michael had it planned way out before I did. So I will admit it took me the rest of the day to be okay with it, and wow, it was so worth it. We had an AWESOME time, and the kids were great for Mom and Dad. I have truly become a believer in couples retreats. Michael's parents have always encouraged that once a year you go off without the kids, and I didn't ever think it was such a big deal. I was wrong. It was so nice. You get to remember why you fell in love, and how much fun it is to just be a couple again. It was such a nice break and we had a ton of fun!
Some of the things we did: Visited Old Williamsburg
Outside the Governor's Mansion
And the real highlight of the trip- The Spa.
We had a couple's bath (where you sit in a jetted tub with delicious smelling herbs, and light therapy), and then we enjoyed an hour long couple's massage. It was AMAZING!!!! I have never been treated so nice and felt so relaxed. WOW!!!
We had lunch at the Cheese Shop--yummy
The one bedroom, with a jetted tub, timeshare we stayed at:
The last night we were there we went to this restaurant called Opus 9 where for dessert we got Bananas Foster Cheesecake.
I am so lucky to have married Michael. He is the greatest man alive and I am soo in love with him. And I am so lucky to have spent those couple of days just the two of us. I am so grateful that Mom and Dad were willing to watch the kids and that they did so well for them. It really was a fun weekend with lots to see, eat, and do. I can't wait for the next five years and what they have to bring!
6 comments:
Oh, I am SOOOOOO jealous!! But also REALLY happy for you. :)
That sounds amazing! Happy anniversary!!
I agree with Rae, VERY jealous! That sounds like you guys had a blast. We keep hoping to visit Colonial Williamsburg while we're out here, now it sounds even more appealing. :)
5 years?! Can it be that long ago you worked in the Mailroom? It's true though...you guys looked so happy on this trip. It's been a while since I got on your blog, but am glad I did. So happy you're happy. THe kids are adorable (chocolate and all!) and you look super happy. So glad! Alaska looked like a great trip too. Ah, the memories of life. Keep smiling! Love ya, Heidi
I'm blog hopping ... is that okay?
The couples retreat sounds DIVINE! I'll have to see if I can talk my Mike into it. We do plan on taking a MUCH neede cruise after school is over. One more year!
Happy Anniversary! It's so great to see pics of you all. SA misses you!
Post a Comment