One of the things that got accomplished this Christmas while my dad was around, was putting up a light above the sink. Due to the location of the sink and the overhead kitchen lights (they are behind the sink) it makes it a little difficult to do the dishes at night. There just isn't a lot of light over in the corner. So, we decided to add a recessed light right above the sink. My dad has some experience with this, and he brought this cool drill that makes a perfect circle, so we went to Lowe's and got the other needed supplies. Everything was going great. Michael got to spend some time lying in insulation (nasty, nasty stuff that looks nice and fluffy, but is really full of fiber glass) in the far corner of the attic as my dad was down by the sink. Well, after the light was in place and they were trying to figure out the electrical wiring, Michael needed to come out of the attic; unfortunately, however, while walking on the beams in the attic, he lost his balance and...

that's right, Michael put his whole leg right through ceiling in the middle of the living room. Fortunately, no one was hurt. We were all a little shaken up, especially Eric, who was sitting on the couch just a couple of feet from Michael's leg. We quickly got all of the girls out of the room, opened up all the windows, and proceeded to clean up all of the insulation. Luckily, my dad also has experience with patching up holes :), and he helped Michael get some sheet rock and cover up the mishap. So, while this project went from being a couple of hours to a whole day affair (and we still don't have the ceiling completely fixed) the light in the sink looks great!! It makes doing the dishes and working over by the sink so nice.

8 comments:
That picture with Michael's leg through the ceiling is classic! I'm sorry everything ended up being more work than it needed to be, but in the future you sure do have a funny story to tell.
That is crazy! Our projects always seem to be more than we bargained for, too :)
WOW! I would be terrified if a food suddenly dropped out of the ceiling. Glad no one got hurt though. Thankfully you're dad was there to help patch it up!
CRAZY! That picture totally blew me away! I'm glad everyone is OK and you got your kitchen light. ;)And I'm glad your dad could help you out with the ceiling...I'd be so clueless!
I'm so sorry, but--HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH.....phew...okay. :) Abby told me about this and I've been dying to see the picture. :)I'm glad everything finished on a pretty note.
That's a scene straight out of a movie. I can't even believe it. I bet you were shocked!! Congrats on the new light addition, anything that improves doing dishes deserves to be celebrated.
one word- hilarious!!!
maybe michael was just working on that skylight you didn't know you wanted
Post a Comment