Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And the winner is...

I went in for my 20 week ultrasound today and we found out that we are having a BOY!!! I was shocked. Michael keeps making fun of my surprised reaction, but what can I say? We both kind of thought it was a boy, and really wanted a boy, but I just couldn't let myself believe it really was a boy until we had the proof. And let me tell you, he made sure of that. He wants to make sure that we don't bring him home in pink. He was even kind enough to go pee during the ultrasound so we got an even clearer shot, which the sonographist (however you spell the name for the person who works the machine) was very pleased with. Other that finding out it was a boy, he is also measuring right were he should be, and I am measuring right at 20 weeks. It was hard at times to take his measurements and listen to his heart beat due to his very wiggly and active nature. (He is already showing some very boyish traits; having a dad like Michael what else can I expect?) It is so reassuring to see a healthy baby, especially since last night I had a dream that he had 20 really odd shaped fingers. :) The whole creating a child is such a miracle in and of it self, so many things could go wrong. What a blessing it is to know that, up to this point, everything looks so good.
While we may be a little surprised, we are still super super excited. This is will be the first boy on my family's side. After 4 granddaughters we figured we should add some testosterone in the mix. And on Michael's side this will be the first grandson that can carry on the Hull name, and is also only boy number 6 out of a total of 18 grand kids. This is going to be fun!

15 comments:

Abby said...

Yay! :)

So you win on both sides! Hull's get a grandson to carry on the name and so do Hanson's. I didn't realize this was the first Hull grandson with the last name Hull but of course it'd have to be, since Jordan's the only other boy married, and only just barely. Fun for you guys!

Amazing that he'll only be boy #6 out of EIGHTEEN grandkids.

Abby said...

Oops. I guess I was having a "moment" there (can't really say blonde moment so we'll just call it a "moment"....). This little one won't carry on the Hanson name of course....duh...silly me. But he WILL Be the first grandson on the Hanson side. There. That makes more sense. :)

Jen Bowen said...

Congrats on the boy! Boys are so much fun. I'm sure girls are to but I'm probably just a bit biased at the moment. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Ali said...

Boy, oh Boy, OH BOY!!!

Congratulations :) I can so relate to your feelings. As "in love" I am with my daughter, it is SO FUN having a boy too!

(... it also takes some pressure off for our third time around. No, that is NOT an announcement, but you know what I mean!)

Emnacnud said...

that is so great congrats, i am so excited for you boys are great. :)

Julie said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting, especially to be having boy #6 of 18 grandkids! Wow!

Rae said...

Yaaaaayyyyy!!! Congrats!! :)

Crystal said...

I'm so happy you got what you wanted! Little boys really are a blast. And I had forgotten that the Hanson's only have grand girls! Hooray for a grand son! He will be quite out-numbered with all his girl cousins.

Jami Black said...

Congrats! I'm sure Emma will be a great big sis!

Christine said...

Yeah for little boys! Congrats!

Unknown said...

congrats on allllll the news and updates on the adventures! Congrats on the baby boy!! Thanks for sharing your Alaska adventure as well! Sooo cool (no pun intended) that you could go visit there!!

Cheryl & Kyle said...

congrats on everything!

Tiffany said...

Hooray and congratulations!

MariePhotographie said...

You're gonna love having a boy! Congrats, I'm really excited for you guys!

Kira said...

Yeah! FINALLY a boy for your family! This pregnancy has gone fast...for me, that is! CONGRATS! I am glad you are feeling a little better.