So I am still not done with catching up from all of the fun things of the summer, one of which was the surprise I got when Emma and I got back from Alaska. Michael left Alaska a week before Emma and I did because he could only take off so many days from work. And unfortunately for him he had to jump right back into things, without any easy transition. He had an overnight flight from Alaska to San Antonio, which left Alaska at about 5 pm and got him here at around 8 am (or 5 am Alaska time.) However, instead of going home to sleep and shower, he got his luggage, changed his clothes, shaved, brushed his teeth, picked up the car from long-term parking, and headed straight to work. After a long day at work he still wasn't able to go home, but instead met the youth at the temple for a youth baptism trip, which of course was followed with pizza at Cici's. Finally at around 9:30pm, Michael was able to walk through the front door, only to realize that the house was a lovely 90 degrees!! (Naturally we turned off the AC while we were gone. ) And who can sleep in heat like that? So he tried to play the Wii while the house took 2 hours just to get to 78 degrees. However at this point he was totally exhausted and was going to try fall asleep anyway. Luckily he did, almost a little too well. Instead of getting up at 7:30 so he can get to work, he accidentally shut off the alarm clock and didn't wake up until 10 am (he is suppose to be at work at 9.) Thankfully everyone at work was understanding and didn't give him too much of a hard time for coming in 2 hours late. Poor guy.
Thankfully Emma and I could ease into things a little more. We also took that overnight flight from Alaska to San Antonio. I was really nervous about the whole thing, but Emma ended up doing really well. Nothing major happened on any of the flights or layovers, we both were able to get a couple hours of sleep, and most importantly we got home with all of our luggage. We were exhausted by the end, and were very very grateful to see Daddy waiting for us at the airport to take us home. When we got home I told Michael that I wanted to shower, which came his reply of, "well you are going to have to use Emma's shower." I then replied, "why, what is wrong with our bathroom?" A few minutes later this is what I found...


Since Michael was all alone for a week, and could only spend so many hours studying for the GMAT and watching TV, he filled our bathroom with balloons. It was quite amazing actually. There were over 400 balloons, which he inflated with our electric air pump. He then tells me that there were about 8 balloons with notes in them. We then spent the next little while sorting through them all until I found 8 sweet notes on how much Michael loves me. The final note even had a coupon good for one lunch and movie date. What can I say, while it took us a while to move the balloons around the house, and eventually pop them all, it was a very sweet gesture. What a cute husband I have!! It's always nice to know that you are missed and loved.

From the bathroom to the bedroom

From the bedroom to the hall

And finally to the office, where Emma thought it was the best thing ever!

Emma would have stayed there all day if we let her

9 comments:
Is she in heaven or what?! What a thoughtful husband you have :)
So fun. At first I was afraid that your air had gone out...now that would have been a terrible surprise. Hope you are feeling well :)
Way to go, Mike. Work with no sleep, then the sweet balloon gesture. Oh, and good luck on the GMAT. Jeff can commiserate. He took it last Dec. and it was quite an adventure.
Haha, what a fun surprise!
that is seriously soo many balloons! What a fun surprise.
How cute! It's amazing to see that many balloons in one place.
I just found your blog, and it is so cute! What a sweet husband...that would be so fun to come home to!
that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I just say that your Micahel is a stud?? What a cute, sweet, and unusual gesture of love and fun! Good for you!!
Post a Comment