Looking back, I realized that I didn't post anything about Isaac at 6 months, so here it is. At his checkup, which was in July, he was 14.5 lbs, and 26 inches, putting him in the less than 5 percentile. This created a bit of concern, just because his trend was going down and not up, and he was already eating a bit of solid food. So after talking it over with the pediatrician he recommended that we start supplementing with some formula. With all the stress I was under I was probably producing "skim milk" instead of "whole milk." After being able to nurse Emma the entire first year without any problems, I was a little disappointed in myself, but what can you do? Thankfully there are wonderful formula's out there that keep my baby healthy and strong. After that he did seem more relaxed and able to play by himself more, and overall in better spirits. I was very grateful. It was also shortly after this appointment that Isaac started crawling, and he does not stop. He also quickly learned how to pull himself up onto things and even climb our stairs, apparently he wastes no time. And then on top of his busy personality he has 5 teeth with a least 1 more on the way. That is a big switch from Emma, who by the age of 1 maybe had 2 teeth. So he may be small, but he is healthy and active.
Pictures of Isaac at 6 months
Now fast forward 3 months, and we are already at 9 months old, how is that possible? At this check-up Isaac is 15 lbs 11 ounces and 28 inches long, which puts him in the 5th percentile for weight and the 25-50th percentile for length. However, since there is an upward curve again, there isn't much concern. He certainly eats enough, I still nurse him 3 times a day, offer 2 bottles, 3 solid meals (which is now pretty much all table food, he is not a fan of the mushy stuff) and then a few snacks. So he eats like a horse, but he is a mover. He can not sit still for longer than 30 seconds. He will even stand by himself for 15 to 30 seconds, Michael is guessing that by Thanksgiving he will be walking, which I don't doubt. According to the pediatrician he is developmentally at around 12 to 13 months. I guess all of the food is going to his brain and not to fat. My kids just like to move, Emma was walking before she was 1 years old as well. I guess they both just have a mission to do, and they are going to do it. All in all Isaac is doing REALLY well. He is at such a fun stage of life, and he is so smiley. They only time he is cranky is when he is hungry or tired. His many smiles and laughs will never get old.
2 comments:
looking at these pictures hurts my heart :). He is amazing! Keep up the good work - you and your brainy coordinated kids :)
He is adorable!! His weight and growth pattern reminded me of Henry. He has since evened out with his peers. He's still slender/thin, but healthy like Isaac.
Post a Comment