Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Preschool

Back in August, I know I am awful at this, Emma started preschool. She goes to a little Christian church that is just up the street so we are able to walk with a friend of hers every time we go. She only goes Tuesdays and Thursdays for a few hours, but she really loves it. Her teacher Ms. Kim is this sweet older woman who has been working with children for years. She has already brought home a least one ream of paper from all of the crafts and activities they have done, a cookie jar with a couple cookies, a ton of random prizes from the good behavior box, been to the fire station for a field trip, and made a bunch of new friends. It has been nice to see her enjoying it so much.
I was a bit nervous about whether she would like it or not, because I put her in the younger of the two classes (and she has two good friends from church in the older class). We decided to put in the younger class because she misses the school cut off date by about a week, so if I wanted to I could probably get her into kindergarten next year. However, I don't want her to be the youngest person in her class. I think it is going to be such an advantage to her if she is a bit older, especially with her high energy personality. She is certainly smart enough to go to kindergarten next year, but speaking from experience I don't think physically she is. Sitting all day, with a lot more structure than preschool at this point seems like torture. So after this year it is one more year of preschool and then off to kindergarten.


Walking on the first day with her dear friend Jenna.



So instead of backpacks the school provides these buckets for them to put their stuff in. Pretty cute.
(I would have taken a picture just of her, but she didn't want to. :()

No comments: