I was shocked when I opened my blinds one morning in mid December to find this...
And I think I was more shocked when they didn't cancel school; had this been Indiana the next three days would have been canceled. Okay well maybe not the next three, but that day for sure. As you can tell the roads really weren't bad at all and by the end of the day most of it was gone, so there wasn't any safety issues. I guess the snow didn't really start sticking until after the high school had started and the district didn't want to have to bus kids back home. It really wasn't that bad anyway. Apparently it's not that unusual to have some snow here in the winter, the unusual part is the timing. Typically if it is going to snow it will be in January/February, not December. Either way, it was a welcome surprise to me. We'll just see if we get any more in the next month.
1 comment:
*jealous*
Post a Comment