Two of our favorite Christmas Traditions are making treats to give to friends and making gingerbread houses. Since I was great with child last year I limited my baking to only granola and red velvet truffles; however, since I was feeling much better this year I decided to add a few more things. Our goodies consisted of: red velvet truffles, sweet Chex mix, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, Rolo cookies, fudge, snickerdoodles, and gingersnaps. I was really pleased with how it all turned out, hopefully our friends enjoyed them just as much!


As far as gingerbread houses go, we were invited to make some with the Presslers for an FHE activity. We actually made a whole night of it. First was got together after the men got home from work and had soups and bread for dinner, then Chris gave a nice lesson on how everyone in the family is important, and like a gingerbread house, we need all the pieces to be able to stick together. We then dove in to making houses. Liz was an awesome host and had everything all put together. She had reassembled the houses with melted sugar on paper plates with a sugar cone tree, put the frosting in individual frosting bags fastened with a zip tie (to prevent any frosting from leaking out the back), and had tons of candy in bowls. It was fantastic. All the kids were able to easily put their houses together without any issues of houses falling apart or frosting squeezing out all over their hands.
I was also able attend Emma's class Holiday Party. We made gingerbread houses there as well, ate some yummy party food (doughnuts, strawberries, juice boxes, etc) and I got to end the party by reading the class a story. It really was a lot of fun. I really like Emma's teacher, her classmates, and that school is so welcoming to parental involvement.
 |
| The one on the left is the one from the Presslers, the one on the right is one she made at her school party. |
 |
| Sadly Isaac's house fell and broke before we could take the picture. He didn't seem to mind all that much, since the candy still tasted as good. |
 |
This was my house, I was quite proud of myself. :)
|
 |
| Mrs. Lavelle standing under the mistletoe, and the class elf , Rudy. |
 |
| Such a cute class! |
1 comment:
Um, why have I not recieved a Red Velvet Truffle? Those sound AMAZING!
It looks like so much fun! Also, you look FANTASTIC! No, seriously, those pictures of you with Emma at her class, you look great!
Post a Comment