Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Golden Birthday

This year I celebrated my golden birthday (you know where you turn the age of your birth date.) It was a pleasant day, nothing much exciting happened. I mean what can you expect when you are the mother of 3 under the age of 6 and it's a normal work day? Michael did surprise me with a bunch of cute love notes scattered around the house, which was fun, and my friend Liz was sweet and dropped off a birthday present for me. I was able to make myself a pumpkin cheesecake for my cake, which was delicious, and then we had brisket, corn on the cob, baked sweet potatoes, and zucchini, all of which was great, for dinner.
I got some fun presents this year, half of which I got early, including a new pots and pan set and Chicago Metallic bread pans. :) On my birthday I was able to open a gift from my parents, some new Pampered Chef kitchen utensils and a promise to go jewelry shopping when then come, and then a fun cupcake stand from Liz. Emma was sweet and wrapped an old toy for me to open, what a cutie!
While nothing exciting happened,  I did receive lots of birthday greetings from dear friends and family, I knew by the end of the day that I am one lucky girl and have so many things to be thankful for. I am looking forward to many more golden birthdays, even if my age will keep changing. :)









No comments: