Finally the much requested pictures of our house are here. Just in case you don't know Michael and I bought our first house after months of searching and being out bided on six different offers for other homes. Finally we found this house, liked it, put in an offer and the rest is history. As you will see the house looked pretty boring when we first moved in. She only had white walls, and very little color. So we decided to change the hospital look to our house and went to Home Depot and bought paint. We painted every room (and just about a different color in each) and then decided to paint the doors and trim. After a couple weeks of painting, and literally working ourselves sick, we had 7 guys from our ward come and help us move out of our little apartment. And I do mean little, our apartment was around 670 sq ft. and our house is around 1600 sq ft, so we about tripled our space. It amazes me how we fit into that little apartment. Anyway, shortly after moving in we pretty much had everything unpacked. I hate boxes and clutter, so it was less then two weeks that every box was out. While everything was unpacked, we still had no deco around. So after two months of living in our house with nothing on our walls I had an interior decorator fly here from Virginia to help me out. Since I had never dealt with curtains before, and seeing how this was our first house I needed more than just a man's opinion. So thankfully my sweet mom used her frequent flyer miles and helped me turn our house into our home. Thanks Mom!!!! We worked really hard for a week and a half sewing curtains, putting up pictures, making pillows, and etc. So with no further ado here is our home, and I love it!!!
P.S. Just for general information there are still a few touch-ups here and there, a couple pictures (such as over our bed) and deco pillows, etc. But you get the idea.

The front entrance

Living room and kitchen

Living Room

Dining Room

Master Bedroom

Office
That was before, and this is now...

The House

Beautifully Decorated Door

Front Entrance

Living Room

Living Room #2

Living Room # 3- Emma's corner

Dining Room

Kitchen

Office-Michael's Side ( I am still not sure how a feel about the blue, oh well)

Office- My side (we still want to get a bed for guests in here)

Emma's Bathroom

Emma's Bedroom- with Ikea tent

Hallway

Master Bedroom-we have a picture of AK being framed that will go above the bed

Master #2

Master #3 - that was a lot of pictures of the master, sorry
7 comments:
Your home is beautiful! Someday, when we are out of the poor college student phase, you'll have to help me with mine! So clean.. so organized! I love it!
NICE! Eric and I love it!! Someday we'll join the world of homeowners...someday. :) Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!
It looks great!!! What a beautiful home. You must be so happy to finally have it decorated :).
Such a cute home! Good job Anna and Edith!!
Your place looks super fab Anna! it's amazing what a coat of paint & some curtains will do to warm up a place, eh?
Awesome! I finally figured out how to look at your blog. ;) I'm a little slow. I kept clicking on the link from your comment, which doesn't take you directly to the blog. Anyway! Nice house! It looks nice and spacious. :)
Wow. I am so impressed. You have a home, well decorated, and everything looks great. Good job.
Post a Comment