Saturday, October 6, 2007

Heat Attack


Here is a quick update, since it has been so long. All of last week our stake hosted a sisterhood week. Each day they had something else going on, such as going to the temple, quilting for humanitarian aid, bread making, etc. Then on the Saturday of the Relief Society General broadcast they have a dinner, where the men in the stake serve us, a quick slide show of the week's activities, and then we end it with watching broadcast together (or in this year's case we had to listen since the satellite was broken- oh well.) This year was especially good since I was able to go to the broadcast with my mom, something I have probably never had a chance to do. It was also great because someone was sweet enough to think of me and heart attack my door. It was just a simple act of service, with a few hearts and a small pack of M&Ms saying I was thought of. I really appreciated it. So to whoever it was (my guess is my visiting teachers) thank you!!

I had all intentions to heart attack my visiting teachees, but I once again had just one too many excuses not to do it. Why is that I can't even do a small, simple, and quick act of service to someone? So many people help me out and I always wish that they would ask the same of me. Sadly, no one really asks for my help. So if I am dying to give service, and no one asks, why can't I just go out on my own and do some service, without being asked? I am really bugged with myself, because I am such a big chicken who just cares far too much what other may think of me, and really hope I can work on being a more giving person, whether I am asked or not. Ugh!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I feel the same way about service. I love when people ask for my help bc it gives me the opportunity to serve, but I have a hard time asking others for help. That sounds selfish, doesn't it?

I think you do more than you know, though. I think small things like compliments, a kind or encouraging word, etc go farther than we realize. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Abby said...

Ditto to all Crystal said! Just be yourself and know that in doing so you touch others and serve others without even realizing it!

By the way...the door looks great. ;) How about the rest of the house??? :-)