I was uploading the pictures from my camera and realized that I hadn't mentioned anything about our stake's yearly mother-daughter camp out. Like last year, Emma and I joined a number of women in our ward, the first weekend of September, on a stake camp out. I must admit I wasn't quite as easily persuaded to join this year, seeing I am 5 months pregnant and all. But in the end, after a bit of convincing, I decided to join in on the fun. I am glad we did, I think Emma and I had a good time. This year the camp out was at a really pretty site just about 45 minutes west of San Antonio called Paradise Canyon. Pretty much everyone that came from the ward, with young girls, camped together. The activities included swimming, roasting hot dogs, Emma eating as many marshmallows as she could find, staying up way too late laughing and talking, trying to get a few hours of sleep, and eating a very yummy french toast breakfast, provided by the stake. Compared to last years very hot and humid weather, we had beautiful weather this year. Some people actually got cold from the cool breeze at night, and were sad they didn't bring a sleeping bag. Emma ended up sleeping better than expected, she would wake up on occasion because she fell off her mat, or the blanket came off and she got a little cold. It was fun to have her along and watch her explore the outdoors. We were ready to come home by about 10 the next morning though, after a late night, a few bruises, and a lot of stimulation we needed a break. While we left a little sooner than most, I was glad we made it. Sadly I forgot to take pictures on Friday, which was when most things happened. I will just have to settle with the few pictures I remembered to take on Saturday.

Our campsite

The tent we stayed in, thanks Jeannine for letting us share.

The beautiful lake we went swimming in. It's places like this that make me forget I live in Texas.

Dirty, happy campers

I wanted to take a picture by this sign, but as you can tell Emma had enough excitement by this point.
5 comments:
I love the last picture. That's just classic!
that place looked great - I would even consider camping if it was in a place like that! That's cool that your stake has that!
How great! That looks like a lot of fun!
tag you are it
Looks like fun!
Post a Comment