I just realized how long it has been since I updated. So I will give a quick run down of the last month.
Thanksgiving- We had a really nice thanksgiving. We hosted it again this year, and were able to invite a couple families over from the ward. I made Food Network's Alton Brown, turkey recipe (as a few of you have done yourselves) and it turned out VERY yummy. My biggest blunder was, I forgot to add salt to my rolls! I couldn't believe it, I have never done that. Luckily the texture was still really good, and by topping the them with butter and a generous helping of salt they didn't taste so bad either. I will have to be a little more careful next time. All the other fixings turned out great as well. We had a full table of stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, jello salad, gravy, rolls, turkey, and salad. And then to end the evening we had yummy pumpkin, pecan, peach, and apple pies. I was exhausted by the end of it all, but it was all worth it. We truly have a lot to be thankful for.
My 26th Birthday- I had a really nice birthday this year. It was really low key, but very enjoyable. We went ahead and bought our Christmas tree and started putting up our other Christmas decorations. Michael let me take my time going to a couple of stores, while he stayed at home with Emma. He also made me a very yummy cake, and dinner. We had chicken cord on bleu (from a box, but still good), asparagus, and mashed potatoes. I got a few really exciting presents, a DVD player (from my parents), a camera (Michael's parents), a cookie scooper (it is basically and ice cream scoop, but you use it for cookie dough, and it's awesome!), and a kitchen scale. We ended the evening by attending an eagle scout court of honor of a young man in our ward. All in all it was a very relaxing and enjoyable day.
Michael's Job- Michael was EXTREMELY busy at work for basically the last 3 months, however, that has died down now. The big meeting they were working for is now over. Thankfully we are back to him coming home for dinner, and not getting as many emails over the weekend. He even was able to go down to the CEOs ranch this weekend and hunt his first deer. The CEO decided to reward a few of the analysts, and Michael was one of them.
While Rackspace has been a good place, we are looking forward to moving on to MBA school this next fall.
Emma- (NOTE: this is about potty training, so if you don't want to hear about those experiences, skip this) After procrastinating for the last three months I finally convinced myself to potty train Emma. It has been about 2 1/2 weeks since we started and she has done really well. There are certainly better days then others, but I will have to say we average about 1 accident a day (maybe). It did take a while to get her to go poopie in the potty, but she is doing great now. We are even being more adventurous and taking her places with her undies on instead of diapers. I find that I still have to remind her to go most of the time, she doesn't really tell me when because she gets distracted with other things. It has been nice not to change nearly as many diapers over the last few weeks. And that will be especially nice with a new baby coming.
Me- The only thing with me is I feel increasingly bigger and more tired everyday. I am a little frustrated that I can't do more over this holiday season. I have managed to make a few batches of cookies, and that is about all. There are so many other projects I would have liked to have done but just don't have the ability to do. It is just going to be us this Christmas, since I can't travel anywhere, and my parents will be coming to help with the baby just 2 weeks later. I will be grateful when I am no longer pregnant. This will be my first Christmas without any other family around and it is different. Luckily Emma is at that age where presents and lights are exciting, so that will be fun. It will be a quiet holiday, but we will have plenty of excitement in a few weeks anyway. :)
2 comments:
I'm so impressed that Emma is doing so well. Lia is still going back and forth. Some days she's great, others, she takes her panties off and puts diapers on.
Also, good luck with your last weeks of pregnancy. It's hard to not be able to do anything. That'll still be the case after your baby's here, but at least you'll be able to breathe.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Sounds like you are doing great! Glad things are getting back on track and we look forward to seeing pics of that baby! (Love your background too!)
Also - I will be there sometime in Feb., most likely - so I hope to be able to see you!!!
Post a Comment