After dinner Michael and Emma reenacted the Christmas story, while I narrated it. We were only going to read it and look at pictures but Emma really wanted to play with a baby Jesus and to dress up like Mary, so we thought why not. It was really cute. I am excited to continue the tradition for years to come.
We ended the evening by walking around the neighborhood looking at all the lights, then coming home to sing a couple Christmas carols and eating a few cookies ourselves before setting some out for Santa.
Our house all decked out in lights.
On Christmas morning Emma woke up at 8am, probably the latest I have gotten up on Christmas morning, but it was so nice to sleep in a little. We then went out to see if the cookies and milk were gone and what presents we all got. Emma was so excited to see everything.
Our tree with full stockings, and the adorable bed Opa made for Emma. (Emma loves it!)
Christmas day ended by having the Mickelsens over for dinner and some games. It was once again very yummy, and a lot of fun to have them here. All in all it was a great couple of days. I can't believe that they are already gone. You spend so long preparing for it and then it goes by so fast. I am truly grateful to have the gospel in my life that reminds me of the real reason for the season, and to have a wonderful family to help share in all those sweet memories.
5 comments:
Man, Emma looks SO big!! And I'm missing it...poop! Dinner looked yummy. I miss you guys!
So sweet! Happy New Year!
How fun to read about your Christmas celebration! Thanks for posting the link and picture to our web site. It makes it easier for me to remember to check Anna's blog.
The food all looked so delicious; your house is beautiful; and I like the way you did the outside lights. (Not something young families often take time for.)
It's good to start setting traditions for your family, including some "Pass Alongs" from your extended branches. So many of our family traditions began without us even knowing they were starting. For example, Little Smokies Christmas morning probably came about from a sale at Sam's Club or some such. We never imagined it would be what our kids would remember. Now, even for us it's like an absolute must. Funny how that works.
It's 45 below zero here this morning, so enjoy all that warm Texas weather. Only 6 more days, Anna!
Love,
Mom
Wow, it looks picture perfect! Your meals always look so yummy, and it sounds like you've got some great family traditions going already.
I'm a little late, but Merry Christmas!
That all looked great! Glad your Christmas was Merry!!
Post a Comment