I will just stop now in trying to make excuses as to why I am so bad and so behind in my blogging, I am sure many of you have just stopped checking my blog together (can't say that I blame you.) But since blogging is for me, and a way to do some sort of journaling, I guess I am never too late.
This year's 4th of July was fun and laid back. We started the day with a ward walk/run and breakfast at the Bassett's house, this has been a tradition for a ward for a long time. And while the Bassett's are no longer in our ward boundaries we are grateful that they are so willing to lend us there amazing backyard for such ward functions.
The afternoon was spent lazing around, doing odds and ends on the house, having a general contractor come look at our ceiling to help us fix our lousy patch job, and getting ready for our friends to come over for dinner.
We were lucking enough to have the Meadows join us for a yum-o dinner. I made brisket, baked beans, fresh corn on the cob, potato salad, watermelon and a green salad. (well the Meadow's brought the watermelon and green salad.) For dessert we had homemade peach cobbler, made with fresh peaches (I don't think I can ever eat peach cobbler with canned peaches again, this was so good) and I was trying to make homemade ice cream, but my machine was being dumb, so we had to settle on the store bought. All in all it tasted very good. We then spent the evening watching our girls, who became best friends, play in the water, and enjoy a pretty pleasant summer evening. We certainly enjoyed our holiday.
I had to add this one, just because he is so dang cute!
1 comment:
Your babies are such beauties!!
Post a Comment