Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Angel

I really feel the need to post about the angel that was sent to me this week. Randomly on Thursday morning I woke up with some really bad vertigo. I could barely get up from bed without the room spinning around me and having the need to stop myself from falling on the floor or throwing up. It is the craziest feeling ever and it's rather annoying because the rest of me feels fine, I can eat and talk I just can't move from one spot. This is where the dilemma comes in, how do I run around the house taking care of kids all day when I can't get up without throwing up? The answer- have your husband stay home with the kids. Well, last year when this happened to me, Michael was able to take the day off and help me out. This year, however, he can't really take off from school and his classes. Plus not only could he not miss classes, but the biggest assignment of the semester was handed out Thursday night (this means Michael is basically non existent from now until next Thursday.) Anyway, long story short, I was going to need some help. Thankfully Michael was able to cancel some things he had in the morning , before he started classes,to help me out and was then, unknown to me (probably because he knew I would have protested) called my dear friend Sara to help out, and I can't thank her enough. Without any hesitation Sara was at my door at noon to take both my kids to her house to feed them lunch, put Isaac down for a nap, feed them dinner, give Emma a bath, and keep them happy and safe until Michael was able to pick them up at 7:30pm. That allowed me to stay home and lay on the couch all day without any worries and slowly recover from the spinning room. She was then sweet enough to call me the next morning, making sure I was feeling better and offering to take my kids again. Sara, you have no idea how much your service meant to me and my family. Thank you , thank you, thank you. You certainly were my angel!!

I prayed so hard that the kids would all do well and get along, it looks like my prayers were answered (I stole these darling pictures of our girls dancing as ballerina from Sara's blog. :))






How cute--thanks again. Emma did have a really good time.

5 comments:

Chrispy Critter said...

How scary! I hope you are doing alright now.

Sara said...

Oh Anna, I just love you. You are darling to write such a kind post (along with cookies and your card and all your smiles in between). You've made my day. I'm just glad you are feeling better. I hope that sometime soon you are all the way recovered.

I was tickled that Michael called me. After we hung up, I thought -- oh good! Mike knows that I love Anna and I'll do anything for her.

Anything.

Abby said...

I am SO glad you have someone like Sara to help at times like this!! She sounds like an awesome friend.

Rae said...

Like I tell my sisters--I thank Heavenly Father for their good friends who do the things WE would do for each other if we lived close by!

Kira said...

Here are my several comments in 1 comment: How did all the moving go? Sounds like you have made some good friends - that is good! How far of a drive to your parent's house now? Isaac will be 12 mo in Jan, right? Wow! Does it get snowy cold in Bloomington? And, you have ADORABLE kids! You have moved A LOT in a short amount of time - I am sorry! It is good, though, that Mike can continue w/ his schooling...I like the picture of you w/ the serving spoon in your mouth...reminds me of roommate days! I miss you!