Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Christmas 2011

In typical Anna fashion, I am just now getting around to blogging about Christmas. Hey, at least I am getting around to it; better late then never.
We had a really nice Christmas, we were able to enjoy the company of my parents for 2 weeks and even had Michael's parents come for a few days, needless to say my kids were in heaven. We never really went out and did much, the majority of our time was just spend inside playing games, reading books, cooking, cooking, and cooking and then the occasional trip to the park or to the store. Probably a large part of staying in so much was due to the fact that at some point during the two weeks one or more of us were sick. Thankfully we were still able to function, we just felt drained of energy and not quite ready to get up and jump with it excitement. I suppose that did make Christmas morning seem not quite as fun, but we were so blessed with so many things, I didn't seem to notice. The real bummer was the pink eye that everyone was getting, me most of all. I seemed to have never ending pink eye, even with all the precautions I was taking, I managed to pass it from one eye to the other, give it to Isaac, Michael, and my mom. Thank goodness for good eye drops (even if that meant waiting in an urgent care facility for 3 hours, thanks again Mom for sitting with me, heaven knows that was the last place you wanted to be.)
All in all it was nice just to be together, shopping together, eating lots of yummy food, and reflecting on the true meaning of the season. Oh how I love my family, and as always we wished we could have seen more of them during the holidays!
Our Christmas "masterpiece", as named by Emma.

Even with our small group we managed to put on a nativity- here is Joseph with a sheep

Emma was so thrilled to finally play the part of Mary

From left- shepherd, Joseph and sheep, wise man, angel, and Mary. ( I was the narrator)



So I decided to make these awesome bday banners, that my friend Sara had, for everyone. I ended up making 10 of them. Needless to say, I was happy I started in September and was sure sick of felt and my hot glue gun when I was done. But thankfully they turned out well.

Lizzie's first Christmas present!

What is Christmas morning without little smokies?

Literally jumping for joy!





Dang, I love my kids!

2 comments:

Emnacnud said...

Anna, you have such a beautiful family, I wish our kids could have a play date, glad you had a good Christmas and that your parents could be there. Emma looks so much like you wow, she is so pretty.

Sara said...

Ten banners -- holy smokes! You are amazing.

How fun to see your parents! Pass along my hello.

Love the posts. Miss you like crazy.