Hard to believe, but on January 14th Isaac celebrated his 3rd birthday. In typical Hull family fashion we did things pretty low key. The day before, we hosted a play day and had about 5 of his little friends come over to play and have snacks and cupcakes. It was really fun for all of us and something we need to do more often. I realized that Isaac really hasn't had many chances to play with kids his age. In November he found out from a speech pathologist that Isaac has minor articulation disorder and could benefit from some speech therapy. I can't help but wonder if he had played more with kids his age, if we would not be dealing with this problem. But then again you just never know. There is no use stressing about the why's now, but instead just find ways to make it better.
On his birthday we spent the morning playing at the zoo and having a picnic lunch. Later that afternoon we took Isaac to the store and bought him a bike. That evening we came home to eat yummy homemade pizza, opened lots of fun presents, and ate more cupcakes and ice cream.
I am so grateful to have this boy in my life. He really is so much fun to be around. He certainly knows how to push my buttons and make me worry, but I should be grateful that he is helping me develop more Christlike attributes. I am excited to see what his future holds, who knows he might even be potty trained before too long, lets hope anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment