While Isaac turned 3, 3 days later Michael turned 30! When I asked him what he wanted to do, he said he just wanted to have bacon cheeseburger meatloaf and mashed potatoes at home with the family on his birthday and then go out with me that weekend. That made it easy enough for me. So that's exactly what we did. We had a fun, low key, party at home with lots of calories and presents. Not only did he want bacon cheeseburger meatloaf, which from the title alone should tell you it's no health food, he also wanted this Oreo brownie cookie for his cake. I had seen this recipe a few months ago, but never wanted to try it because of how rich I was sure it was going to be. Well, Michael was intrigued enough to want to try it. And I have to say it was REALLY rich, but pretty tasty. You could only handle a small piece and then I had him take the rest to work.
After all the yummy food we had fun opening presents and hanging out! That weekend we went to the Melting Pot for dinner, since we always wanted to try it out, and it was lots of fun and also really yummy.
 |
| Emma is showing off these fun dominos we bought him, they are really good for doing domino tricks. |
 |
| Between my gift card to Itunes (I couldn't decide what to get ) and the gift cards from his parents , he was pretty well supplied. |
 |
| Alright funny story- when Michael's mom was in town Emma really wanted to get this Ken doll and Grandma wanted to buy, but I said no. Between Christmas and all other extra things Emma got, I felt she just didn't need anymore stuff. Well, Michael's mom thought that Ken doll would then make a perfect gift for Michael, which he could then give to Emma. I guess there was no way to say no anymore. Thankfully Michael was a good sport about, and Emma couldn't have been more thrilled. :) |
 |
| Oreo Brownie Cookie (it is what the name suggests) |
No comments:
Post a Comment