When Michael's boss gave him free tickets for the circus, we decided why not. None of us had ever been to one before and we thought the kids might get a good kick out of it. Thankfully none of us were disappointed. It really was quite entertaining and the kids wouldn't take their eyes off the acts for a second. It really had just about everything you would expect from the circus. They had elephant rides, we got there too late for that, Vegas style show girls with a cheesy circus master singer, high fliers, a magic show, tiger tamer, Argentine juggling family, only the man juggled his kids with his feet, an archery guy, these amazing jump roper/ acrobatic guys (which really were on of the best performances of the evening), and then of course a clown act, which I think they only had because that is what everyone thinks of when you have a circus.
We actually only stayed for the first act, it was already 8:30pm and it didn't appear from the program that we were going to be missing much in Act II, and we weren't willing to keep the kids up any later. (Lame parents, I know)
If you do have a chance of going to a circus I would certainly recommend it, expect in the dead of summer, supposedly it gets REALLY hot and smelly. :)
 |
| Vegas Show girls with the Circus master |
 |
| High fliers, they really were amazing even if the picture doesn't give them justice. |
 |
| Magic show- she would step into these hoops with one outfit on and come out with another. |
 |
| Tiger tamer |
 |
| Awesome juggler- those are two kids he is spinning around like a merry-go-round. |
 |
| Archery |
 |
| Amazing and fun jumpers! |
1 comment:
What fun! I loved the one and only time I've been to the circus. It was in Germany, actually. I'd love to take our girls. In Tallahassee, the university actually had a circus training program -- I think it was actually a degree! Crazy, huh?
Post a Comment