Then of course Saturday was devoted to Easter activities. We first were able to dye eggs and then that afternoon sent all the kids outside to go find their eggs. I took the idea of a friend and assigned two different colors to each child, this way there was no fighting over who got more eggs and we could hide them according to age, it was great. Thankfully the weather was sunny and warm, even warm enough to melt all the chocolate we had outside. :) The kids and adults all had a great time. I think it was most fun to watch my parents really get into everything since it had been so long since they did this stuff.
| If you can't tell this is Lizzie sitting in the grass. After only about the second egg she was as content as can be. Knowing she had at least one piece of chocolate was good enough for her. |
| Pure joy! |
Saturday night, in prep for Sunday, we watched the Lamb of God and made Resurrection rolls for breakfast. (Resurrection rolls, are large marshmallows wrapped in dough, and rolled in cinnamon sugar. The idea is that the marshmallow symbolizes Christ in the tomb, and after you bake them the marshmallow melts, leaving an empty tomb. Very fun way to tell the story.)
Then Sunday morning we ate are yummy breakfast, all got in our pretty outfits, and enjoyed a wonderful day at church, with Michael and I singing in the choir. After church we had our yummy Easter dinner with ham, chantilly potatoes, asparagus, and bunny shaped rolls. And as is tradition, we had our delicious New York Style Cheesecake for dessert. It was a wonderful day. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and to have a knowledge of the atonement and resurrection of our Savior. It is because of him that we are able to be forgiven of our many shortcomings and to live with our families for eternity!
1 comment:
that is so nice, I sure wish we could all live together like we did back in the day I miss you and your parents, and I love all your posts showing your cute family grow.
Post a Comment