It is hard to believe that Emma is already done with Kindergarten and into 1st Grade. We were a little reluctant to put her in school already as she would be the youngest in her class. However, we were very relieved that she actually exceeded our expectations and finished Kindergarten with flying colors. I am truly amazed at how smart she is and how well she can already read. I am so proud of all she has accomplished this past year. And I am so grateful for her fun class and her extremely awesome teacher, Mrs. Lavelle. She truly is the best Kindergarten teacher at that school.
We had so much fun watching Emma's class do their end of the year program. They had this whole show planned, memorized, and frequently practiced. I was very impressed to hear each kid do their part with no fear or hesitations. They went through all the big things they learned, like counting, the months of the year (which Emma was in charge of), their reading, shapes, money, etc. They also sang a bunch of songs and did a lot of funny actions. I loved it. At the end they each received their Kindergarten graduation certificates from the principal. What a great first year of school and we are looking forward to many more.
No comments:
Post a Comment