Day 7- Tuesday, June 12th
We got up a little early so we could drive to Oma's house, grab everybody and then drive to the Frankfurt Temple. Mom, Oma, Michael and I were all able to do an endowment session while Dad was so kind as to stay with the kids in the cafeteria. I did forget my recommend but luckily we were able to call ahead and make it work. It was so special to be at the temple with Oma again and Michael and I were even the witness couple. This was the temple I went to for baptisms, Eric and Abby sealing, and my own endowments. I even remember as a real little girl coming to the open house before it was dedicated. It was really nice to go back after all these years.
Day 8- Wednesday, June 13th
Today we drove an hour and a half to get to Rothenburg with Oma and Opa and then meet up with an old family friend, Marion Connor. Rothenburg is one of the largest tourist cities in Germany because it has all the old buildings, tons of fun shops and museums, and is especially cool because it was a fortressed city, meaning it is surrounded by this massage stone wall. Up until this day we got really lucky with the weather, it would only rain until after we got back to our apartment and was never very chilly even though Germany was experiencing a very cool summer. However, this day was cold and rainy just about the entire time we were there. But the kids were good sports about it and we were able to find things to do inside so it didn't seem so bad.
Kathe Wolfhart Store (the Christmas Store)
 |
| This is one of the world's largest Christmas stores, full of all things Christmas. Very fun and sadly pretty expensive. |
 |
| Large Christmas tree in the center of the store |
 |
| Kathe Wohlfart buggy |
 |
| Popular bridge in Rothenburg |
 |
| One of the things Rothenburg is famous for is their "Snowballs." They are pastries they you can get with all sorts of stuff on them. My favorite is chocolate with nougat filling. And just to be honest they can tend to be a little dry, but you just have to get one anyway. |
The Doll and Toy Museum
It was full of old sorts of old toys- very fun
 |
| Watching the massive train set move |
 |
| They had tons of these fully loaded doll houses, straight down to the china. It was beautiful. How can anyone paint and sew things so small? |
 |
| The Cathedral |
 |
| The family standing on the city wall |
 |
| View of the cathedral from the wall |
 |
| It was really cool to walk along the wall, you got lots of great views |
 |
| Isaac got really tired of taking pictures. :) |
 |
Emma, Anna, Marion, Mom and Dad
|
We had an awesome day even with the cold weather, it made the soup and bread we had for dinner perfect! This is city is just full of charm and history, it made the longer drive very worth it.
2 comments:
I am loving this, wow Marion is still there to visit, how cool. I love seeing your house, and the temple... I am just loving all these pics and so happy you got to do this.
Wow! I love all the posts Anna! Your trip seems amazing. I'm so glad you were able to go!
Post a Comment