Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Last night when Michael came home from work, he had these beautiful flowers in his hand for me:


However, later that evening, as I was throwing away Emma's diaper in the garage, I found this absoluetly gorgeous bouquet of roses sitting on our chest freezer (Michael has thing of hiding flowers, before giving them to me.) I also get mad when he goes all out with flowers, but really I love it!! :)


And after those flowers, I gave Michael these: (doesn't really compare, but hey he loves them)



I guess I don't feel too bad about the pretzels. I did make him a special dinner. We had a copycat version of Olive Garden's salad as a starter. I found a recipe online for their dressing, and then added olives and red onions to a regular salad. It was pretty close to the real deal. Then for the main course we splurged and got NY strip steaks. I added some herb butter on top, a nice touch. With it we had crispy garlic potatoe wedges, and some pan seared asparagus. To drink we had sparkling grape juice. Then for dessert we had this dark chocolate, flourless cake, with whipped cream and strawberries. It was really good. So no real big gifts were given, we just had a nice dinner and just got to be together.

7 comments:

AnnEE said...

We had a "free" V-day. it was great!! Your roses are beautiful!!

Abby said...

Awesome. Love the flowers! We were boring and did nothing. :) Some years are just like that I guess. But we still enjoyed being together. We had popcorn and watched the newest episode of "Lost".

MariePhotographie said...

I think the gourmet meal you made is an awesome gift! I bet that took a lot of time! I'm glad you had a great V-day. :)Your flowers are beautiful!

Rae said...

Oh, I'm starving just reading that last paragraph. Sounds so good!

Eli said...

Hey, you're hired to come cook at our house. We just had a Papa Murphy's pizza.

jenny said...

I am not a big fan of spending money on flowers, but like you enjoy getting them once in a while. Hey, I have been meaning to tell you to email me your email (so I could invite you to our blog) I keep forgetting!! (texbonedoc@yahoo.com)

Jenny :)

Tilane said...

Pretzels, along with that dinner! He's a lucky man! Is it easy to find the salad recipe online?