I know I do a lot of complaining about living in Texas. There just isn't much around here that reminds me of home, which I consider Germany, with this time of year being the hardest for me. There aren't any mountains, and the weather pretty much stays the same all year round; two things that are big for me. However, I do have to admit, living in San Antonio isn't like living in El Paso. We aren't exactly all desert. We live right next to the hill country which has its fair share of beauty. We have enjoyed the many parks and camp grounds away from the city, that do come pretty close to reminding us of home. One of those places is Lost Maples. Some friends of ours told us that the last few weekends were suppose to be the best, as far as the trees changing colors. So, we decided to give it a try and see just how pretty these trees could be. (I will admit I was once again doubtful that Texas could really have a state park full of fall colors.) We were all pleasantly surprised. It was beautiful. I was sooo happy to be surrounded by autumn colors, and falling leaves. We really enjoyed ourselves walking the short .8 mile trail, instead of the 4 mile trail due to my large size, throwing rocks in the river, taking lots of pictures, a number of which follow (this was when I really wished I had a nice camera, I'm afraid our little digital one doesn't do these pictures much justice) and eating a picnic lunch. Really the only reminder we had that we were in South Texas was we were all wearing shorts or capris on Nov. 1st. All in all it was a perfect way to spend an autumn afternoon.


4 comments:
Oh, wow! What beautiful pictures spots. I especially love that first picture.
I mean I especiall love that second picture, but first one is great, too! ;)
You have a great blog here :)
I'm so envious!!! We have NO fall colors and it feels SO weird. I am looking forward to seeing real evidence of winter throughout the drive to VA and in VA. Have fun with Dad this week! (I'm sure you will...)
Post a Comment