 |
| Loves her some toes! |
As usual, it's hard to believe that my little Lizzie is already 5 1/2 months old. (At her last appointment she was just under 15 lbs and about 24 in. long) I must admit, though, I am grateful that she is growing up. It is no secret that while it is very precious, the newborn/infant stage is not my favorite. I get really happy when I can start feeding them solids, they sleep better, have more personality, and can start entertaining themselves more. I have felt this especially for Lizzie. She has certainly been my most demanding baby. While Emma and Isaac were sleeping through by 8 weeks and 5 weeks, respectively, Lizzie has finally just started to be consistent with sleeping through the night. She would have a day, or maybe a few days, where she would sleep through, but just until a couple weeks ago she would wake up once or maybe twice a night. To her credit, she has been through more in her first 4 months of life than the other two in their first year. We went on 3 major car trips, stayed in 3 hotels, graduated, and did a major move. However, I decided after 5 months and since we were finally all settled, that I had had enough and just let her cry it out a couple nights, had Michael help her one night and it has been much better ever since. Now I just have to figure out how to get her to sleep past 6am. Oh well. I am trying to take advantage of being up early by exercising and if I get really good, reading my scriptures. I think what would really help is if I just get to bed early, then I wouldn't be as tired. I guess right now this is just a self inflicted pain.
Other than the sleep, she also tends to be a little more needy during the day. She frequently wants to be held and played with. If I leave the room she struggles. This can pose problems when I am trying to entertain the other kids or trying to get other things done around the house. Now I know there are people that would read this and think I just need to suck it up because this is nothing, and to their credit they are probably right. My problems are pretty minor and I know she will grow out of it as she gets older, but man in the mean time it still isn't much fun and is something I have to deal with. Thankfully she does nap really well and is really smiley. She has a smile that can melt anyone's heart.
All in all, I am really grateful to have her as part of our family. She certainly helps all of us think less of ourselves and more of serving and helping others. As with all of my children, I am curious to see what she will become and what her personality will be like as she grows up. In the meantime I will enjoy her smiles and sweet little spirit.
 |
| This is actually a 2 month picture, but it was just too cute not to post |
 |
| Another 2 month picture, sitting in her Bumbo chair |
 |
| Lizzie has figured out how to move around, and get stuck under things, by scooting on the heals of her feet; something I have never seen a baby do. |
 |
| Just after 4 months, Lizzie started cereal! She has done really well. Likes pretty much anything other than green beans (no big surprise) |
4 comments:
Don't feel bad at all - I'm in exactly the same boat! Tyler is SOOO needy and wants to be held or at least have me within 2 inches of him. He still isn't sleeping through the night (will fall asleep but won't stay asleep) and I'm getting up at least twice a night. I feel your pain! I would go to bed earlier if I didn't cherish that time when both kids are sleeping at the same time. Seriously, though, I could pretty much copy and paste your post and it would be for Tyler and me. Except he's not sleeping through the night yet ... :-)
She is too cute! I'm so sorry she's been tough, I've heard from many people that something happens when you have #3 and things just get a lot more difficult. But she is just beautiful! I'm thinking of you guys ( and wishingvyou were here in AK!)
What a cutie pie!! I think you're doing awesome. Good call on the reasoning with why she had a harder time getting into a schedule. Totally makes sense. And while this stage may not be your favoritest, you are still amazing at it! I can't believe how much she's grown already. You blink and she'll be walking. And don't feel bad for sharing frustrations or how you really feel! This is YOUR blog! Plus, we all want to hear whatever you want to say. And I'm rooting for you. Love you!
Lizzie is darling!!!
Post a Comment