Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Messy Day


While I was making dinner on Monday Emma kept grabbing at my leg and being really fussy. By the time I got to cleaning some stuff up I had had enough, and decided to let Emma "help" me with the dishes. As you can see she had a lot of fun dumping as much water out of the sink and onto the chair, the floor, and herself as possible. I meant to take the picture before I took off the clothes, but the situation was beginning to get a little too wet for a picture, and I needed to do a little clean-up first. As you can see there are no pants anywhere, that would be because shortly before all of this Emma had a blow-out, (It was probably her first blow-out since April.) and we just never got around to putting clean pants on. What can I say, she looked like a white-trash baby that destroyed my kitchen; but, the important thing is she had fun and let me get dinner finished. Oh the joys of kids!!! :)

9 comments:

Abby said...

Awesome! I don't know how many times I've thought I should grab the camera and snap a picture when that happens! And I love the white-trash look too -- some days are just like that. :)

Crystal said...

Don't you love those days? Lincoln had his first blow out in FOREVER today. Seems that Emma & he planned to coordinate that one, eh?

Ali said...

I have a cupboard full of safe tupper ware/kitchen appliances for Eliza to raid while I cook/clean. So... I can relate to this post! I am thinking about a toy kitchen set for Christmas. What do you think?

Stephanie said...

So cute. About the bra fitting--they just measure you in three different places, but on top of your clothes. I was really nervous about the garments thing too, but it was no big deal. Then they gave me a "bra box" of a bunch of different styles in my size, so I could see what I liked the best. I would definitely recommend it!

Crystal said...

I'm jumping into a conversation I know nothing about, but bra fittings are a must!! I recently had one & found the best bra ever. IT ACTUALLY FITS! And does the best it can with the little it has to work with :)

MariePhotographie said...

What a great mom you are! I have yet to let Isabella help me with the dishes. How fun for Emma!

Anna said...

Thanks Crystal for your comments. My mom and I have been wanting to get a bra fitting but we were a little self conscience about our garments and all. My friend said she just had one and it was fine. So it's nice to get other opinions.

Rae said...

BTW: I love your six habits/facts!!
Emma is so cute! I love how satisfied she looks to be covering your kitchen in dishwater. This intense look of concentration...."Must...destroy..."

AnnEE said...

Nordstroms. That is the BEST place ever to get a bra fitting- especially if you actually have boobs. I was feeling a little awkward about garments and everything, but believe it or not, they've seen them before, and it wasn't that weird. I WOULDN'T do it over your clothes, because you won't get the correct fit. :o)