Instead of carving your traditional pumpkin, I have really had fun finding free patterns online and doing cool and crazy designs. Two years ago Michael and I carved this really great spooky tree. It was pretty detailed and took a long time. Since we weren't in the mood for a lot of work we went with a more simple pattern of bats. It was fun. Of course having Emma around we had to get her in on the fun. I think more than anything she was most excited about being on top of the table then the actual pumpkin. She would almost stick her hand in to feel the seeds but at the last minute she would pull her hand away. Once we started putting the junk in a separate bowl she was a little more willing to get her hands dirty.

This year I had a hard time coming up with costumes. Frankly every year I have a hard time coming up with ideas. I think it's cute when we all coordinate, but that requires even more thinking and creativity. So in the end, for our ward's trunk-or-treat, Emma was a cute duck and Michael and I were having a pajama party and brought our stuffed animals (including our duck). Pretty lame I know. But hey it was quick, easy, and cheap!! Emma had a great time running around with all of the kids, she didn't get any candy, and could have cared these if she did. She just thinks kids, and big open spaces are great. Of course that requires us to go running around with her, making sure she doesn't get into to much trouble.
On Halloween night we decided that we weren't going to take Emma trick-or-treating, since she doesn't know the difference, and we certainly don't need the candy. Instead we just bought candy and handed it out to all the other trick-or-treaters. We did end up putting Emma back in her costume, hoping to get better pictures of her. Plus she would flip out every time the door would ring and she would hear other kids, so we figured it would be cute to have her help pass out the candy in her costume. She had a blast!! And we were able to get some better photos. All in all it was a fun Halloween season, now I look forward to the other holidays. What an awesome time of year!!!


3 comments:
I'll say it again - what a cute family you have!!
Anna, she is such a CUTIE!!
I didn't take Eliza trick or treating either, but like your sweet little duck, she was thrilled whenever someone came to the door. She looks darling!
Post a Comment