
Because we had been focusing so much on Christ through out the week I wanted Sunday to be a special day. We woke up and ate these sweet bread bunnies that my mom or oma would make every year. I had been wanting to make them since before Michael and I got married, and finally got myself to do it. Even though they turned out HUGE, they still were yummy.

We then had a great time at church. Growing up I always got a new dress for Easter, and I totally believe in following that tradition. So we all got dressed up go to church in our new clothes, well Emma had new clothes. We then had some really nice talks and a musical number during sacrament meeting. Then for the remaining block of time, I have been taken from behind the piano in primary to subbing for our primary chorister these last couple of weeks, since she is out with a brand new baby. And because of that I was able to continue to focus reading and incorporating the Easter story into singing time. For the junior primary I put puzzle pieces all around the room with songs about Christ on the back of them. The puzzle, of course, was a picture of Christ. For senior primary I made puzzles from pictures of the events from the last week of the Savior's life, had them put them together, tell what they were, and sing a song about the picture. It turned out really well, if not for the children, it did for me.



For dinner we wanted to invite friends over, but we were just too last minute, as they all had previous plans. So, we enjoyed ham, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and rolls as a small family. (I now have 6 plus pounds of ham in my fridge, anyone hungry?) Then for dessert Michael and I made our traditional New York style cheesecake. It is sooo yummy, and sooo fattening. It is a Martha Stewart recipe and calls for 3 1/2 pounds of cream cheese!!! That's 7 packages. This is why we only make it once a year, and freeze most of it, so we can enjoy a piece every now and so often throughout the entire year.

We ended the day by watching The Lamb of God. All in all it was a wonderful Easter. We were really able to feel the spirit, and gain stronger testimonies of the love of our Savior. I know that He lives and loves me. What a wonderful time of year!
11 comments:
Would you like to conduct Easter at my house next year? Good for you for laying such wonderful foundations of the true meaning of Easter so early on. Crap, all I did was scare my kid with a giant bunny.
Oh, and I would be remiss not to comment on that DARLING dress! You look cute, too! :o)
You and Emma look BEAUTIFUL!!
And I'm glad to hear that Primary went well. I think that was a great idea with the puzzles!
And oh, can you send me that cheesecake recipe?? :)
Good call on the Easter traditions. I was trying to think of something that would focus on the meaning of Easter rather than the Easter bunny, eggs, candy etc. It seems you hit it spot on. I think I'll copy next year :)
You & Emma really do look fab!! Our babies are growing up!
PS Rackspace was a no-go again. But we're still moving :)
Good ideas to focus on Christ for Easter - I also might have to copy you next year! The cheesecake looks yummy and Emma looks so grown up and beautiful in her dress, just like her mom!
I am impressed... next year, post this a week before so we can do it along with you :)
My Easter enlightenment came from reading the Ensign centered on Christ at 11:00 pm, 3:00 am, 6:00 am ... in twenty to twenty five minute intervals :) AND listening to the Sounds of the Sabbath on fm 100!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the dresses.
Nice Easter traditions you are starting/continuing with your fam - & you all look FAB!!!! Thanks for sharing those ideas and that cheesecake looks delish!!! Mom, Addison and I have a weakness for NY style cheesecake. Good for you!!
Man, sounds like such a wonderful Easter week! You and Emma look so beautiful in that photo, and that cheesecake is calling my name....oh and what an awesome idea with the pictures!
6lbs? That must have been a pretty large pig. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful Easter. Emma looks so cute in her little dress.
Those rolls look incredible! I love traditions like that. & the cheesecake divine. I would love to get that recipe. I love your new family picture on your profile.
I loved your new tradition and I guarantee Emma got more out of it than you know. All the food looks so yummy and I have enjoyed you music time in primary-I could never pull it off!
Post a Comment