Thursday, April 24, 2008

Park Day Update

I just had to update what happen with the lady I invited to park day. When I got there this morning I was very happy to see that she, Paige, came with her cute 2 year old daughter, Samantha. Her 5 year old son was with another friend at a party. She seems like such a nice person. I invited her to come to any Thursday play date, as we are always there. She seemed excited to do so. Thankfully, not that I was worried, everyone was really friendly and open with her, and she reciprocated the same friendliness. I am hoping good things will come.

Here is the other interesting note about her. When I got there she happened to ask if the other women I was with were all in the same ward? It kind of took me off guard, since not many people outside of the church know all of our "lingo". I then asked her if she knew many Mormons. And is just so happens that she grew up LDS, still has active family members, and she is even on our ward list. The other funny part of that is, my next door neighbor and I are visiting teaching companions and she has Paige on her route. Isn't it such a small world? Naturally I don't want to be pushy about anything. So if nothing comes out of it, I hope I can just make a good friend that feels comfortable around other Mormon women. I pray that everything will go the way it should. Cool huh?

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Very cool, Anna! It's definitely a small world.

Abby said...

VERY cool and no accident I'm sure! It's so cool when things like that happen. Even if you aren't around to see her going back to church, you'll know that you've influenced her in a good way. And made a good friend in the deal too!!

Anonymous said...

I love that story! And you're right.... even if she doesn't suddenly become active, it's always good to make a new friend. Maybe you can plant a seed :)

Unknown said...

that's really a cool thing because you could be that person who the Lord has prepared to help her become active again. good for you!

Cristina HW said...

um, yeah, THAT'S not an accident! that's awesome anna! - cristina

Tilane said...

That was definitely meant to be!!!