Yesterday Michael and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary. It's kind of crazy to believe that it has been 3 years, but at the same time it feels like it has been a lot longer. Sometimes it's hard to even remember my life without Michael there, which is an extremely awesome thing. I much rather have him in my life and my memories, that without. It was a pretty low key day. We decided that instead of presents we would just go out to a nicer place to eat. And believe me this year we did. Michael surprised me with where we were going, and he picked a wonderful place. (He decided to go extra special thanks to our stimulus check. Thank you George! :)) Our babysitter got here a little after 6 and we headed out the door a little after to make it to our 7pm reservation to a restaurant called Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The service was amazing. As soon as we get there and they find out our name they tell us Happy Anniversary and get us to our table, when making the reservations you have the option of stating why you are coming. Once we got to the table the seating hostess (I think that's what they are called) pulled my chair out for me and places my napkin on my lap. We then noticed that they had put a few rose petals on our table. It was very pretty. Our waiter, Barney, shortly comes out and proceeds to say, "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Hull, welcome, and happy anniversary." Can you tell I have never been to a place like this before, because I was shocked that even our waiter knew our name and that it was our anniversary. Needless to say I was very impressed.
Anyway, so not only was the service out the this world, our food was even better. We started off our meal with some delicious fresh bread, and then order an appetizer. We got stuffed mushrooms with crab meat topped with Romano cheese. Okay can I just say, those were some of the best things I have ever eaten. They were so yummy, I just don't have the words to describe them. Following our appetizers I ordered the New York Strip steak, and Michael got the Ribeye, we also added mashed potatoes and asparagus with hollandaise sauce. The steaks are served as a single portion on plates that are 500 degrees and the sides are served family style. Man oh man that was good food!! I don't think I have even been to a restaurant where the food is so hot when you get. Our steaks were huge, very juicy and flavorful, the mashed potatoes were extremely creamy, and that hollandaise sauce was like silk and gave the asparagus an awesome flavor. I have to add that after each course, when Barney picked up our plates, he used a crumb scrapper (for lack of knowing what it was really called.) But that's what it did, he picked up our plate and scraped away any crumbs remaining. I didn't know they did that! Then if that wasn't enough they gave us a complimentary dessert of chocolate mousse cheesecake with an Oreo crust and whipped cream, topped off with a candle. I was in heaven! What more can you ask for but wonderful food, romantic atmosphere, amazing service, and the man of your dreams sitting across from you? It was wonderful! We left there feeling very full and very satisfied with the money we spent.
To end the evening we drove over to The Quarry, which is a big open air mall, and did some window shopping at Pottery Barn. I just love the stuff in that store, it's all so beautiful! We then went to a store to buy me flowers and get money for our babysitter. It was a good thing to, because as Michael was going to pay for the stuff we discovered that he left is debit card at the restaurant, thankfully we were still close enough to easily pick it up. All in all we had a wonderful evening. I am so grateful for Michael and all he does for me. I couldn't have picked a better match. I love you, Michael!!!

My flowers

10 comments:
That hollandaise sauce was amazing!! I wanted to pour it all over my steak too.
Happy 3 year anniversary! We were married just five days before you guys. May is the coolest month to get married :)
I'm glad your hubby took such good care of you on mother's day. You deserve it.
Happy anniversary!!!! Asparagus and hollendaise - yum!! sounds like a great place!
Wow! What a great way to celebrate your anniversary! Congrats!
Happy Anniversary! That's one of our favorite places to go. I'm glad you had the wonderful experience that you deserve.
Has it been three years already? It sure doesn't seem that long! Congratulations! Your description of the restaurant was so fun to read....at the risk of being a way too interfering sister-in-law, I'm going to copy your post and put it on the family website so everyone else can read it too (I think I might be the only one who reads blogs!) Can you forgive me? I know it's Michael's job...but, it probably isn't the first time for him that his bossy older sister took over his things. (I have some repenting to do, huh?!)
Happy anniversary! Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. I've never been to Ruth's Chris, but I've heard its fantastic! That pic of you guys is so cute. I remember going to your reception!
how wonderful! so happy for you two that you've had 3 great years and great night to celebrate!
Said in an English accent, "Mr and Mrs. Hull, congratulations on your anniversary."
I knew I had missed it....Happy Anniversary! 3 years...wow are we getting old!
Post a Comment