


Michael's butterfly pancake
Naturally I didn't touch a single dish, and was able to get ready without any worries. The rest of the day went well, Emma behaved very well during sacrament meeting, last week was awful so it was a nice change. Our primary children sang well, even with the men leading and playing the piano. The Bishopric didn't want me to play or our chorister to conduct; instead they thought it would be a nice mother's day present for us to just sit and listen. I must admit we were a little worried about the whole thing, but it turned out well. Of course at the end of sacrament meeting the young men went around and gave us each a big cookie with a note on it that said, "A mother is someone who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take." It was pretty nice.
After church Michael made me a nice dinner of manicotti, Olive Garden style salad, and bread. For dessert we had strawberry shortcake. It all tasted wonderful, and I didn't have to do a single dish, which I think was almost the best part. :) To top off the day I got this really fun book called Hello, Cupcakes! I saw a clip on a friend's blog from the Today Show talking about it. Since then I am been wanting it, and Michael was good enough to buy for me. There are some really fun ideas in there, so don't be surprised if I bring cupcakes to any activity. :)
I just have to add how grateful I am to be a mother, and to have a wonderful mother myself. It really is a divine calling, and one that gives so much meaning and purpose to my life. I am grateful to have a husband who supports me in that calling and does so much to help me. I am truly grateful for who I am.
3 comments:
looks like you had a great day and that you were spoiled the way you should be! Good job Michael!! love that you got the book - soooo cute! I am sure you will have fun with it!
I'm so glad you had a nice relaxing mothers day! Good job Michael!
Cute pancakes!! I need to remember to make fun ones next time! :)
Post a Comment