First up is me, on November 29th. My birthday was really quiet, with not a whole lot to do. Michael and both caught some lovely cold, so neither one of us were feeling that great. We did manage to have a yummy birthday dinner of chicken panini, and minestrone soup. We also enjoyed the best cake ever, and some good ice cream. Normally I like to start putting up Christmas decorations on my birthday, but since we weren't feeling great we only managed to buy the Christmas tree and didn't get it decorated until 3 days later. I did get some fun presents. I got a really nice measuring cup and spoon set from Williams and Sonoma, a Kitchen Aid hand mixer, and a couple of Cricut cartridges. (Can you tell I love fun kitchen stuff.:)) My dear friend Sara also was sweet and brought me a fun plate of yummy chocolate chip cookies. So even though I wasn't feeling well, it was a good day.
| You know you are getting old when you create that much smoke. |
| Measuring spoons!- I know some of you think I'm weird. |
| Enjoying the batter- need I say more! |
The next birthday is Michael. And once again, as most parties seem around here, it was pretty laid a
back with only family celebrating. Michael requested chicken parmigiana for dinner, which turned out really well. Then for dessert, since it was only 3 days earlier, I spruced up some left over cupcakes from Isaac's party. I scooped out some of the insides and replaced it with cookies and cream ice cream. I then put some of the butter cream frosting on the top as well as crushed up Oreo cookies. And to our surprise, they were super yummy! I really don't know what is going to be harder about having all these birthdays together, spending the money on presents, or trying to eat of the cake? Needless to say I was proud of myself of coming up with a way not to make another cake but to just make leftovers more fun. We might be doing that more often in the future. I also told Michael that he better just get use to little boy themed party stuff. I am not going to change the decorations for a party that is only 3 days later. Thankfully Michael is still a little boy at heart, and is extremely easy going so that is not going to be a problem. For presents he got the big screen TV and a new Wii game, Fifa Soccer. I would post pictures, since I know I took some, but I can't seem to find them. I guess you get the same idea, cake, candles, presents, etc! Thanks Michael for being the best husband and father anyone could ask for, we are so glad to have you in our family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment