Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lizzie's Blessing

On February 20th, just over two weeks old, Michael was able to give Lizzie a name and a blessing. As with all three of our children I am so grateful to have a husband who holds the priesthood and is able to give our children blessings. It was a very sweet blessing. My dad, Tyler Christensen, Levi Jackson, Sean Giambattista, Bishop Steven Tait, and Dave Baer stood in the circle with Michael. Some of the main points were:
  • As you grow and develop your body will function the way that it should
  • You will be strong to handle the stress and burdens your body will be faced with
  • Your mind will be sharp, with a keen intellect, and you will use it to understand the workings of the Lord
  • Gain a greater appreciation of the Lord's love for you
  • Be a true friend to those you come in contact with
  • Feel the joy that comes from serving your brothers and sisters
  • Blessed with the knowledge of your Savior, as grow in the gospel you will be drawn to him; will share this knowledge with others
  • In your home you will help your brother and sister and parents be more like the Savior, be an example to them
It really was a touching blessing, and Lizzie was perfect the whole time. I am so grateful for Lizzie in our home. While the newborn stage is not my favorite, I am still always amazed at the kind of sweet spirit those babies bring into a home. They are so innocent and pure and the depend completely on you for survival. There is something very precious about that. I am grateful for all of my children. I am not a perfect parent, I struggle with so many things when it comes to parenting. But I am grateful for repentance and for the ability to always try harder. I look forward to the many years ahead of us as a family.





3 generations


No comments: