It is official, alright it has been official since the week of Christmas, Michael got a job!! Come June Michael will be working as a Senior Financial Analyst for FedEx. We are super excited! Although I do have to admit I never thought that I would be moving to Memphis, Tennessee!! I was actually pretty resistant to this job in the beginning, thinking there would just be no way that we would accept it, because it was in Memphis. Neither one of us had been there, except for the day Michael flew down for his interview, we really didn't know anybody that lived there, and just had some overall concerns about it. Frankly this was not the job Michael was thinking he would have out of MBA school. His last job was a financial analyst position, and not wanting to be "stuck" as the finance guy, he was going to do a career move into operations or supply chain position. However, as school has progressed and his internship turned out, that was a really hard thing for him to do. No one in the operations/supply chain field seemed interested in hiring a past finance guy. So we have slowly seen the Lord's hand moving us back in the finance direction. After much fasting and prayer we decided this was the right place for us to be. It really is going to be a great career move for Michael, and the more we talked to people about Memphis the more info we got. And with more info the less concerned we felt about it all. There is actually a lady in our ward who's son lives there and also works for the finance department of FedEx (come to find out he is going to be in the bisophric of our new ward.) There is another couple in our ward who just moved from Memphis that had some good contacts for us. All in all we are looking forward to this move and for the many new people we are going to meet. We will certainly miss the great friends we have made here, and that is the one thing that makes this move hard.
Now with the new job comes the need for a new house. And boy are we looking forward to having our own house again. For spring break we packed up our three kids, with Lizzie only being 4 weeks old, and headed down to Memphis. We got there on a Friday evening and jumped right into looking at homes Saturday morning. We looked at a total of 10 houses on Saturday and by the end of it we were feeling pretty discouraged. I didn't really like any of them. We took Sunday off, went to one of the wards, had dinner at this super sweet family's house that we had actually talked to before we headed down there. They continued their kindness by offering to watch Emma and Isaac for us as we continued to look. Wow, am I grateful for the church. After only meeting them once, I already felt extremely comfortable leaving my children with them and their 6 kids, and my kids felt comfortable enough to stay with them for a few hours. I do need to say, we were worried about how the kids would handle the long drive, staying in a hotel for 6 nights, driving all day looking at houses, and then driving the long way home. Let me rephrase that, I was scared and extremely stressed out because of it. Thankfully, the Lord truly blessed us and the kids did fantastic on every part of that! They were certainly grateful to have that break Monday and Tuesday morning, but when they were with us all day Saturday I couldn't have wished them to be better. What troopers they were!
On Monday we looked at another 7 houses, this time with more luck. That night we sat down and narrowed it down to our top 3 and looked at those 3 again Tuesday morning. We decided on one, did a little negotiating and came to an agreement! At this point we are under contract and close in May. We really like this house and think it is going to work out well for us. I am a little nervous about the fact that the master is down and the rest of the rooms are up. However, with the use of monitors I think we are going to be just fine. It is located in a great neighborhood, great school district, and is close to the church. I am already trying to decide what colors we are going to use to paint, and how we will decorate.
 |
| Living Room |
 |
| Formal Dining Room |
 |
| Shot from the living to the upstairs hallway |
 |
| Master Bedroom |
 |
| Extra Room/ Toy Room |
 |
| Kitchen- we are going to update it, new appliances, paint, etc |
 |
| Eat in kitchen- getting rid of the pink |
 |
| Backyard- so excited to have a fenced in backyard again |
7 comments:
I have loved reading all your catch-up posts. More pictures of Lizzie! Yay! And more house pictures!! I think I only saw the ones on the MLS. It looks awesome. I love the wood floors (among other things!).
HEY HEY HEY!! I am so excited for you guys. I can't believe you are moving to Memphis, TN. I have only ever been there once for a soccer tournament so I don't know much about the area but it is in a great state! I have loved reading your updates. I can't believe you are the mother of three, how amazing and wonderful. You look great, the kids look great, and I am super excited for you guys and your new adventures! Good luck with settling in to your new home!
Julie & Jeff (Peterson) and Kirma and Barry moved to Tennessee. I don't remember where right now, but I'm sure you could find out.
What a gorgeous house! I'm excited you found one you feel good about. Look at all that space you'll have - yay!! I can't believe it's all coming to an end. So, so, so sad. I think I'm going to bawl my eyes out as I leave town. I will miss you! I'm glad you feel much better about Memphis than you did before. I have a feeling you're going to love it there!
Wow! Lots of blog updates. Lizzie is beautiful. Congratulations! Congratulations on the new job and new house. The house looks awesome.
Congrats to the third power!!! 1 for the baby, 2 for the job, and 3 for the house!!!!! Yippee, you guys are almost done!! So excited for you!
I'm a little behind here, but CONGRATS!! It's all just happy news. Hope you guys are getting settled. Keep in touch!
xo
Post a Comment